Seed Cracker Recipe
Updated: Oct 12, 2020
Seed Crackers! Yum!!
Since eliminating most processed foods and snacks from my diet, I have had a difficult time satisfying my cravings for savory, crunchy snacks. That was until I discovered the lovely seed cracker. It’s so easy to make, so versatile, gluten free and crazy delicious! The basic recipe can be modified to use just about any seasoning that pleases your palate – Mexican, Italian, Indian. Whatever makes you happy!
Here’s the basic recipe:
½ cup Chia seeds
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup pepita seeds
1 cup water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. In a large bowl, mix the seeds, spices and salt. Pour the water onto the seed mixture and stir until thickened. Let the mixture sit for 15-20 minutes for the chia seeds to absorb the water. Add any other herbs or spices that you like.
3. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet with a spatula until it’s about ¼ inch thick. Make it as even as possible without any holes.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from over and carefully lift it onto a cutting board and slice into crackers. Flip onto the other side and place back on the backing sheet. Back for another 10-15 minutes or until dry.
6. Allow to cool completely on the pan.
7. Store in air tight container.
Download and print this recipe.