Updated: Apr 30, 2021
Salmon burgers are a great healthy alternative to red meat! Salmon is a excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids for reducing inflammation, heart health and healthy aging.
12 oz. wild-caught salmon, baked and chopped
• 1/2 lemon, juiced (~2 Tbsp.) + ½ tsp. lemon zest
• 1 small shallot, minced (may substitute 2 cloves garlic, minced)
• 2 green onions, sliced
• 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped (may substitute 1 tsp. dried dill)
• 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
• ¼ tsp. salt
• ¼ tsp. pepper
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup almond flower
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil
Avocado Garlic Sauce
• 1 medium avocado, halved and pit removed
• 1/4 cup EVO
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
• 1 Tbsp. fresh dill (may substitute 1 tsp. dried dill)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• ¼ tsp. salt
• 1/8 tsp. pepper
For the burgers:
1. Combine all of the salmon burger ingredients, except the coconut oil, in a large bowl and mix well. If mixture is pretty wet, add additional almond flour 1 Tbsp. at a time.
2. Form into 6-8 patties. Patties easily fall apart until they are cooked. Handle with caution.
3. Heat coconut oil on a griddle or pan to medium-high heat.
4. Once hot (oil must be hot), carefully add burgers to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Patties should sizzle when added to pan.
5. To serve, top with 1-2 Tbsp. avocado garlic sauce and tuck into a lettuce wrap if you wish.
Avocado Garlic Sauce: Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Serving size 2 burgers, bon appetite!